Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I love Lucille Ball



I have soon watched the whole first season of I Love Lucy (1951-1952). I am so going as Lucille Ball this Halloween! How I will manage that hairdo is a future problem.

The Swedish election finishes this Sunday (even NYT have written about the election drama), and then I will probably be able to concentrate once again on my classic movie passion. I'm even too distracted to study.  Even my mother complains about me talking more politics than television and radio unitized. I guess I'm black or white: either throwing up in the gutter outside Blue Oyster, or boring people to death with unemployment issues.

Until then: lo and behold my Photoshop skills. I look like a hot emo girl! I experimented with some Clara Bow lips, between television debates.


6 comments:

Christopher said...

looking good there! ;o)
I'm actually a fan of the Lucy's from the mid 1950s..where they go to Hollywood..then Europe..then Florida and CuBa!

Dymon Enlow said...

one of my favorite lucy moments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixkijZYcPE8

Emmy said...

Very nice! I just adore your makeup :)

L said...

I was Lucy for Halloween, get the tiny sponge rollers that Grandmas use and wear them all day before you go out, take them out and pin your hair flat on the sides, hair spray and you're Lucy!

The Divine Miss J said...

You know where the party is this Halloween:) My place and I'll even help you with the hairdo darlin'

I feel the same way about the election, if SD gets in I'm moving.

Lolita of the Classics said...

Christopher:
I have no idea how to get ahold of the other five seasons, though! I guess I will have to order DVD's from abroad...

Darsh:
Hahaha, lovely! I haven't seen that episode, though!

Emmy:
Thanks! Most of it is a little exaggerated in Photoshop, but the idea is the same!

L:
Oh, thank you for the advice! I just have to go out and buy some...

The Divine Miss J:
Ah, they won't last. Even if they get in, they have no idea how to run things and they will evaporate. So don't leave me for Soviet Russia, please!